Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Van Halen still rules...

David and Company still kick butt....
by Craig Bachler

I know this is a bit off topic for this web site, but I must admit, Van Halen still rocks.
My charming wife of 17 years bought two tickets to the Feb 18 VH show in Tampa. Thus, we were ther rocking with David Lee Roth, Eddie Vanhalen, Wolfgang Van Halen and Alex Vanhalen.
It was an amazing thing, women dusted off their spandex and heels for this one. Behind me, a mother in her fourties was there with her teenage son. Balding men in their fifities playing air guitar. Ages ranged from mid teens to earlier sixties.

David proved that being in his 50's didn't slow down his high kicks, screaming voice or his true showmanship.

Perhaps my best concert since 1980 (last time I seen Vanhalen) that I can remember. Enough of this, I have to get back to my school work and ringing ears.

No comments: