Saturday, April 7, 2007

NH House votes in mandate adult seatbelt use

With the Dems in power in my old home state, it is now "live under our control or die".
by Craig Bachler

Being a former resident of New Hampshire, I must admit, I left in time. My wife and I discuss moving back many time, as we miss the true spirit of "Live Free or Die" the states motto. This is a place with no helmet laws for motorcycles, great people and the only state in the nation with no seat belt law for adults (right now anyways). Yet, New Hampshire has the highest statical usage of seat belts in the nation. Here is my thoughts, don't mandate it and the people will use comm0n sense, force it down our throats and watch the usage fall.
We can thank all the do good Democrats for telling us what is right and wrong. Quite honestly, I am getting sick and tired of what is good and bad for my family and I. What would our forefathers think if they came back and seen all this stupidity that government has mandated?

Here is the story taken from the Manchester Union Leader in New Hampshire (my favorite newspaper and one that reports the news, not opinion).

"The New Hampshire House Thursday passed a mandatory seat belt bill, requiring anyone in a moving car to be belted.
The bill, which passed 153-140, would allow a police officer to stop and ticket anyone for driving without a seat belt, or for having an unbelted passenger.
The offense carries a $50 fine for a first offense, $100 for a second offense.
New Hampshire is the last in the country without a law requiring all adults to wear a seat belt. It also has the lowest rate of adult seat belt use in the nation, at 64 percent. States with mandatory belt laws have usage in the 90 percent range, ( I want to make something clear, depending where you research this information, I have had a low of 56% to a high of 83% for New Hamshire drivers usage of seat belts and after a day long search, I cannot find anything even close to a 90% national average) from the the bill's supporters said yesterday"(consider the source, a bias).(Manchester Union Leader, April 7, 2007).

You ask, what can be done and I have the answer.....
Drum roll please.........................

Join the Sons of Liberty......
email Mike at sonsofliberty2007@gmail.com
let him know you want to slow down the governments stupidity. I'll have more at a later date.

No comments: