Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Next Labor Day

End of Summer means my new home owners insurance policy.......
by Craig Bachler

Yes, you read it right, I'm talking about my homeowners policy. Well, if you lived in Florida, you would understand. After our glorious governor and members of the legislative body had a special meeting to lower our rates, Floridians expected decreases from 10 to 40%.
My rate has doubled over the past three years with no claims ever in my life, hurricane fortified house and paying my bills on time.
Well, my insurer, Universal Property of Florida did things differently, my rates went up $700.00 a year! I am now paying $3100 per year, up from the $2400 last year.
Nothing like taking the boots to the public.
Thank you Charlie Crist, thank you Florida Legislature and a special thanks to Universal Property of Florida for nothing....

No comments: